This is a great appetizer, salad or healthy lunch. Try serving individual portions in a martini glass for added flair.”
- Shrimp and Cucumber Salad
- 8 ounces peeled, deveined, cooked shrimp, halved lengthwise
- 1 small English cucumber, diced
- Creamy Avocado Dressing
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, seeded, and peeled
- 4 ounces plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- Lime slices (optional)
- 1To prepare Shrimp and Cucumber Salad: In four individual serving dishes arrange shrimp on a layer of cucumber. Set aside.
- 2To prepare the Creamy Avocado Dressing: In a blender combine avocado, yogurt, snipped cilantro, parsley, lime juice, and oil. Cover and blend until smooth. (See Tip)
- 3Spoon 1 tablespoon of the Creamy Avocado Dressing over each serving of salad. Garnish with cilantro sprigs and, if desired, lime slices.