With just a bit of work before bed, you can have a fast but decadent breakfast in the morning. These overnight oats “cook” while you sleep. Toast almonds and chop figs the night before, so that when you rise, you can just stir in the fruit, nuts, honey and ricotta cheese for a hearty, sweet and creamy breakfast.”
- ½ cup old-fashioned rolled oats (see Tip)
- ½ cup water
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped dried figs
- 1 tablespoon toasted sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1Combine oats, water and salt in a jar or bowl and stir. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 2In the morning, heat the oats, if desired, or eat cold. Top with ricotta, figs, almonds and honey.